Good things from today.
I woke today and did my morning practice. What is morning practice? Well, for me, that means I light a candle (ok, a lot of candles. I have different ones for different intentions.) I smoke cleanse my house and roll out my yoga mat and move my body in a conscious way. The key here is nervous system regulation, not 'be the skinniest and bendiest in all the world'. I work through asanas with breath and intention. My goal is to stay in the present moment, because I have a tendency, each and every time I step on my mat, to imagine I am teaching a yoga class, and I will a start to explain postures and modifications, and blah blah blah, and I have to reel myself in and come back to the NOW moment, and Just. Breathe. And be HERE.
After yoga practice, I will sit in meditation. The time I sit varies, and once my consciousness starts to travel, time really loses all meaning and form. (Interesting fact: when I am working on a distance healing session, while I'm actually in the quantum field doing the work, it feels like I am there for hours sometimes. It never fails when I 'come back' it's only ever 20-40 minutes of linear time that's passed. I think that's pretty neat. Spirit gets down to business, there is no wasted time, no wasted effort. When the work is done, it's DONE.
So, today, after meditation, I decided to clean my altar space and cleanse my stones. I made some cleansing water with lemon and eucalyptus oil and cleaned the surface with that, and man it smells so good! I decided to wipe down my kitchen counters with the same water. SO NICE.
After this, I fed the animals, and Margot was acting really sad. She wouldn't get down from the bed to go potty. And when I finally got her to go outside, she stayed on the porch. So I decided Margot needed a walk. We head out and got about five blocks away when it started to rain. Let me tell you, that rain felt so good! Margot isn't too fond of being out in the rain, so we did head on back home, but I was happy to be out in it, and she did well on the way back, and now is acting like all is right with the world again. The healing power of a twenty-minute walk outside! (Healing for dogs and for humans! Go OUTSIDE!)
I came in and showered. I love to shower in the early afternoon; I don't know why. Before I get in the shower, I always oil cleanse my face with this face oil I make and massage my face or use my Gua Sha stone to move the lymph fluid and it makes my skin really happy. Then I dry brush my entire body. For the same reason: move that lymph!
I made some lunch (rice with a packet of pink salmon with seaweed snack sheets) and a glass of sweet tea.
I journaled (I usually do that in the morning around the time I practice yoga, but today I did it in the afternoon, along with some oracle card work, and I really enjoyed it.) You know, my practice brings me a lot of joy, a deep contentment. When I practice in the morning, it sets my day up to be intentional, and not so chaotic, you know what I mean?
Oh, I haven't written about journaling in a hot minute so here is a simple, I mean VERY simple journaling template for you to use if you want to get started journaling, or if you have been doing it for a long time and just want to try something different:
*This is best done after meditation practice.
First page: Gratitude- Make a list of 7-10 things in your life right now that you are grateful for. (Example: a clean home. Fresh water. Food to eat. Health.)
Second page: Affrimation- Write what you are. Right now, and what you are working toward in your life. (Example: I am vibrantly healthy. I have a thriving healing practice.)
Third page: Clarity- This is where you can write out your thoughts, and work through some healing work, if you're so inclined. A good way to gain clarity in a situation is to ask yourself 'why' over and over again and answer every time until you get to the root of your situation. (Example: Maybe your friend or partner said something that really hurt your feelings. Why did it feel hurtful to you? Because it made you feel unheard. Why does it hurt to feel unheard? It makes you feel unimportant. Why does it feel bad to be unimportant? Because you feel like I don't matter. Why is it important to matter? Because you want to be known. Why? Because to be known is close to being loved. Maybe it's the same thing in a lot of ways. Why is it important to be loved, to matter? So you don't feel alone. To be loved is to feel worthy. Why do you need to feel worthy? Does worthiness point to a need to EARN good things in your life? Where did this mindset come from? What can you do to work through this, so that when people say something to you, you take it for only what it is?) See? It can go on and on and get you into some deeper thinking, and you can do some really good problem solving this way.
Another thing I like to use my Clarity page for is oracle card or tarot card work. I am not using these tools for divination, or necromancy. I don't feel called to that type of work. I use my cards to gain clarity in situations or to focus my mind if I am having trouble quieting the mental chatter. So you can use cards before meditation or after. If I am looking for alternative ways to look at a certain situation, I will pull some tarot cards, and based on what they show me, I then look at not what the cards show me, but my reaction to what is shown. This can offer some clarity when I am feeling indecisive, or if I am not sure exactly what I am feeling toward a situation at the moment. Oracle cards are also nice, and a good way to do this same technique without having to learn the tarot symbolism first. Oracle cards are pretty straightforward and a lot of them have the entire meaning written on the card itself, whereas tarot cards are pure symbolism and open to a good bit of interpretation. (This is where regular meditation practice comes in handy. The more you meditate, the more open your third eye (because your pineal gland will decalcify with regular meditation practice. Cool, huh?) So then, the symbolism of tarot is much easier to detangle.
So, there you have a nice journaling practice. Let me know if you try it, and what you think about it.
The day isn't over yet, and I plan to study (still studying the gospel of Mary Magdalene. SO GOOD.) and read this evening. And I want to meditate some more. I don't remember if I shared this yet, but Steven got me a copper pyramid to sit under, and let me tell you, meditating under a pyramid is sweet! And something else: since I have been using it regularly, I have way fewer migraine attacks. I was having 3-5 migraine attacks per week. (Yikes! I know!) The past two months, I have only had about 4 migraines! Hallelujah. I really feel like it's a miracle. Living with chronic migraines is utterly miserable. Because it isn't only the headache pain itself, but the prodrome and postdrome as well. But anyway... Get yourself a copper pyramid, they're awesome. :)
I hope you have a beautiful day today ( it's early evening now, so have a good night, I guess).
Do yourself a favor and go outside, take your shoes off, and walk barefoot on the grass and in the dirt. Breathe. And know how loved you are.
Bye.

Comments
Post a Comment