Welcome to my brain dump. Make yourself at home.
I got up this morning after a rough night with a migraine attack. I feel like a wrung out dishrag after an episode like that. But I still got up today, granted at ten in the morning, and I lit my candles, cleansed my space, and practiced yoga (for ten minutes, tops).
Hey, it was something.
| I took this photo at MOMA in NYC. Good representation of a migraine attack. |
I’m thinking of writing something every morning, and not anything specific, just SOMETHING, to get the juices flowing.
What do you think? Well whatever you think, I’m going to do it anyway.
So here it is, the first entry in my Morning Brain Dump:
I am light headed and exhausted from the migraine.
I have no appetite, and really want to crawl back under the covers and take a nap, even though I have only been awake for just over an hour.
I am grateful this morning, for my body and how it lovingly houses me and my sweet soul. For the breath of God that flows through me and sustains life inside this meatsuit. For Holy Spirit and her infinite wisdom and comfort she so gracefully shares with a little nitwit like me.
I know I’m not a nitwit, but the word sounded like a good substitute for ‘very small earthly person in this current corporeal reality’.
I always struggle with what milk to put in my English Breakfast tea. Real milk is, well, REAL food, processed though it is, it is closer to real food than the creamer that has ‘natural flavors’, and half and half kind of grosses me out? And oat milk is less inflammatory, maybe??
But it’s not really giving me REAL MILK VIBES, you know? I usually go with the oat milk, because it doesn’t make me clear my throat all day. Sacrificing creaminess for healthy digestion and less throat- clearing, I guess.
My husband got me a mug that works with Bluetooth technology to keep my tea as hot as I like it. After getting that mug, I was able to finish an entire cup of tea for the first time in my life! Cold tea is a real tit slapper, if you ask me. Unless you intended to have iced tea in the first place, and then you’re all right. But hot tea that has gone cold??? Fuck off, please ( I say please because tea is a fancy drink, and I use my manners when addressing it)
I’m reading a Sue Grafton novel, O is for Outlaw. I love these damn Kinsey Milhone novels! They’re all set in the 80’s, so this P.I. has to use pay phones, the library records department and THE POST OFFICE to find her evidence. In this book she had to use a travel agent to get a flight to another city so she could go to a certain school library and look through yearbooks! SHE HAS NO CELL PHONE OR LAPTOP. No Mapquest?! Glorious. Makes me want to become a private investigator who uses the old methods and promises result in say, 3-6 months? ‘Call me?! oh sorry no I only have this tin can with string,
you’ll have to knock on my window in Morse code to make an appointment.”
OH, but tomorrow, I am attending a workshop that will teach me how to TELEPATHICALLY COMMUNICATE WITH MY PETS. WHAT!???
I will report back about this workshop, you bet your granny panties, I will.
Bye.
Comments
Post a Comment