Heal a little or a lot.

 If a bone is broken, it can cause bruising of the skin at the fracture sight, swelling, and of course pain at the point of the break itself. You can elevate the limb, ice the swollen area, and take an analgesic to reduce the pain a bit. All of those things are helpful, sure. But if the bone itself is not set, and a cast applied, the bone will heal improperly, causing pain and problems that could carry on for the rest of your life. 

In setting the bone, it’s brought back into alignment and in casting, the conditions are set for the bone to heal itself. You know the cast is not healing the bone, right? The bone is healing itself inside the cast.

In the same way, as an intuitive healer, I do not actually heal anyone. I can bring balance to unbalanced systems, for some comfort and relief. I can share practical tools that you can use to work through your healing. Like the cast on a broken bone, I can help make an environment conducive to healing, but much like the bone itself, how deeply you heal is entirely up to you. 

Healing on a deep level happens in layers, and all of those layers are connected. Heal one thing, and in healing that, you find wisdom to heal other things that are connected to it. One example is anger. If you’re quick to anger, you can start with simple breath-work and gentle movement like yoga, to regulate your nervous system and learn what calm feels like in your physical body. When you find that calm space, it will give you room to dig deeper into why anger is prevalent in your psyche. In that space you start to see the root of pain. (Hint: anger is almost always growing from the root of grief) As you lean into your emotions instead of ignoring them, you learn more about yourself and how you handle your pain. It is not a “one and done”, quick fix type of thing. Not quick and easy, but very, very simple.

This works with any type of pain, frustration, mental block, and even sometimes physical pain because a LOT of physical ailments are simply manifestations of mental, emotional, or spiritual imbalance. A physical pain/illness/injury is sometimes our spirit’s last-ditch effort to get our attention and point to a deeper wound that needs healing.

I will never call myself a guru, spiritual leader, etc. I think  guide or maybe facilitator are good labels (if you just have to label me as something. Sometimes labels help, I guess?) I do healing work because I believe in the power of deep healing. I love people and I want them to realize that they ARE love. We all are love. And healing wounds that hide that truth from people is paramount to me.

In regards to healing and the work I do to facilitate it, I have studied, and am still studying, Reiki. I am certified, those are my credentials, as far as healing ‘work’ goes, and having a certification can be important. Reiki is simply a Japanese term used to identify  Universal healing (life force) energy. This energy has always been, and will always be, but about a hundred years ago, Dr. Usui saw a practical way to channel and direct it for healing purposes that is teachable, and here we are, certifying in Reiki and doing the work. BUT, Reiki isn’t the end-all/be-all, and beyond that practice, I do a lot of other things to help people in their healing journey. 

I liken it to the difference between aspirin and a cast. 

If you have a headache, you can take an aspirin and get rid of it. The aspirin is effective for that type of thing. But if you have a broken bone, an aspirin just isn’t going to fix it. You’d have to set the bone (ouch) and cast it (keep it still and sheltered from further injury) while it heals itself. 

A Reiki session is wonderful. It is comforting, loving, balancing, and calming. It can help you feel better. But if you never work on yourself and your deeper wounds (and I’m not talking only major trauma here, wounds can start by something seemingly small and fester into full-on energetic blockages if left unacknowledged) your balance will be short-lived. 

For deep, soul-level healing, you have to peel back the layers and work through the wounds you carry, and it takes time and grace, and gumption to do so. That’s where the real healing happens. 

No two paths are the same. We are all on our own journeys, and some people are never ready to dig into a deep healing practice, and that’s OK! Everyone’s life is their own to live how they choose. If a quick balancing of your energy field every once in a while is enough for you, then that’s enough for you, period.

But if you realize that the life you’re living is not exactly working for you, there are things you can do to improve it. And you don’t need a guru, a wildly expensive course or retreat, or a master’s degree in theology to figure this stuff out. Jesus tells us that the answers are inside of us. The NOUS, inner knowing, the place between intellect and spirit. When you learn to listen, to peel away the distractions and the outside voices influencing you and your choices, you being to realize your inner wisdom. And that is where true healing happens. ( this is why I am always suggesting meditation. I know I can be annoying about it, but MY GOSH it is such a healing practice!)

As a healer, I can help you recognize that inner voice, I can help you create an environment where healing has space to occur in your life, and I can answer questions (because I have been through some THINGS, let me tell you!). I can guide you into your own healing. In fact, that is my absolute, most favorite thing to do for people! 

I guess I am saying, there is absolutely no judgement here if healing yourself is just not something you want to do. I get it. And if you decide you want to, but just a little bit, that’s totally cool, too! And if you decide, ‘by golly, I am so DONE with my own bullshit, and I want to heal this stuff and get on with it!’ WELCOME! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is what I do.

March Work Trip