Healing with my Moma.
The other day I did a session with my Moma. We worked through some of her old mindsets around poverty and scarcity. (She was raised very poor, and while she and my stepdad have done well, at their age they are now on a fixed income, so she worries about that being enough to carry them into their golden years.) We talked through it, and we began to work through blockages surrounding that.
I shared with her the importance of gratitude, staying in the present moment, and releasing fear over the future. She was feeling better afterward, and a few hours later she called and was on cloud nine. She had gotten a rebate from her cell provider that was supposed to arrive months ago, and instead of the original $50, it was $200! This little surprise from the Universe really encouraged my Mom, and she was feeling really good about things. Will this always happen for you if you work through your mindsets attached to poverty and abundance? Not always just like this, the release may show up in your life differently. It all depends on what the Universe knows will serve your highest good in that moment. But when we work on our energy and our thoughts/emotions/mindset and learn to set our intentions on higher vibration emotions and thoughts, we become aligned with the flow of a life lived in the present, directed to our Highest Good. I like to visualize it like this: if I lie down in a stream and want to get someplace, I can either fight my way upstream and while I may get to where I want eventually, it will take a lot longer and be a lot more painful than if I were to just lie back, and float along with the current.
...
A few months back, I got Moma started on gratitude journaling. This simple practice can really have a powerful impact. Gratitude is one of the highest vibrations, and when you can stay in that space of recognizing the good in your life, it really opens up energetic space and removes blockages so more good things can flow to you. And no, this isn't like a genie in a bottle type of thing, and how it manifests in your life will look different for everyone. That's the reason I talk about many different aspects of a healing path. There is no ONE quick fix, but each part of the whole, while beneficial on their own, really are best practiced in tandem, because that opens your life up to a whole new way of existing.
A few weeks ago, Moma asked me about meditation. She has always had her daily Bible study and prayer time, but she was starting to recognize that there is a difference between prayer and meditation. And while the two work beautifully together, a meditation practice in and of itself can be oh so healing! I shared with Mom about visualization and carrying that practice of gratitude over from her journaling and into her meditation space. And the ways in which meditation can help us to learn to stay present, which is a huge key to other healing work. So keep in mind that Mom has been meditating for a few weeks as I move into this next part of the story.
...
A few days ago, Moma called me and asked if I could do some energy healing work on my stepdad. Moma said he’s been feeling weak and tired for several days, and had lost a bit of weight. Before I went in for the session I talked with Moma and told her to meditate while I was in the session, to try and release her fear surrounding his illness, and to visualize him as a vibrantly healthy.
For this session, I sent my consciousness to their house. I saw my stepdad, Kenny and then I saw Jesus with us, and while Jesus and I were working on my stepdad, Holy Spirit went straight to Moma and comforted her while we worked. Jesus made this energetic web, this grid of light which he laid over my stepdad, and it began to move up and down, through his entire body. The grid was made of light, and there were these tiny particles, these atoms of light, that moved within the grid to touch each part of my stepdad's body and bring balance to him across his entire energetic and physical systems! This thing was GLOWING. Jesus also placed a huge Smokey quartz tower at Kenny's head and a huge quartz tower at his feet. It was this intricate crystal healing grid, and my stepdad was resting in the middle of it. We sent healing energy (or Reiki, if you want to call it that) into the grid, and thereby into Kenny’s energy field.
I sent Moma a text to let her know when I was finished, and I told her that Jesus was in the session (honestly, He is in every healing session I do. And what's really beautiful is that he is in every session regardless of the client's belief system. His love extends to every single person in the Universe, not just the ones who believe in him and/or ascribe to a Judeo-Christian religion). And I shared with Moma how Holy Spirit was comforting her during the session as well.
She called me and said, 'You ain’t gonna believe this!'
Moma saw the net/grid! She described the healing lights moving all through Kenny’s body and Holy Spirit told Moma to look and showed her those tiny lights moving throughout Kenny’s cells. Every muscle, bone, nerve, every CELL in his body was touched by those tiny lights within the grid. Moma went on to describe exactly what I had seen on my end (with very slight variation as to the color of the lights) before I even had the chance to tell her what I saw. I'm telling you, this work is AMAZING!
And, aside from the elation my Moma and I were feeling just talking about the session, my stepdad got out of bed and was feeling a lot better. What a sweet, healing time with my family.
This path of deep healing can be difficult at times, but it is more fulfilling than it is difficult, and things like I just shared happen all the time. It is so encouraging and a real gratitude accelerator, you know?
...
So, how did I get to this point in my journey? How did a mother and daughter who were for the most part quite estranged, get their relationship back in order and get to a point where they can communicate freely and are encouraging one another to deeply heal?
It's really very simple: I decided to work on healing myself. I started doing the work, and as things started to break loose (ancestral trauma, my fear and anxieties, limiting beliefs) there was this ripple effect, moving out into the quantum field.
One of the things I had to work on was releasing my fear attached to people-pleasing, and conflict avoidance. My Moma and I have been on speaking terms again for a couple years, and as I was healing we began to get closer, and share more. But in the beginning, I was still afraid to rock the boat. I didn't want her to be angry or disapprove of the work I was doing, or my belief system. So, even though we were getting along, I kept that part of myself hidden from her to a degree, in order to 'keep the peace.' I was afraid that if I messed things up, we'd be estranged again and that thought really scared me and made me sad! I love my Moma and I didn't want us to be separated again. Well, as I worked with my shadow, listened to my inner child, and continued doing this healing work, God opened the door for Moma and I to communicate in a more honest and authentic way. She came across my podcast and listened to several episodes. She texted me that day and instead of the reaction I had feared, she told me she was so proud of me. My heart swelled! My inner child BEAMED. It was the catalyst for very deep healing between my Moma and me. I had to learn to let go of people-pleasing, especially when it comes to those closest to me. By allowing my Moma to know my authentic self, by releasing myself from my hiding place, so to speak, incredible healing took place, not only in our relationship but in my Moma's and my own life.
This shift has led us into deep conversations about healing, God, and Holy Spirit. Moma has learned the chakra system, as well as some aspects of stone medicine, and is meditating daily. She practices gratitude and believes that she is worthy of love and healing. (That's a biggie, but the full story is hers to tell, so I will leave the details to her.)
Another really amazing thing about all of this is that not only did I get a healed relationship with my Moma, but in seeing her healing unfold, I have a real-time case study of my healing practice. I can see which tools are working for her, and in what way. I can see how God is working in her life, and how she is evolving in that relationship, as well. This heals me, and my ancestral line, and is helping me grow as a healing practitioner. See how intricate the web; how lovely and how amazing this is?!
Don't hold yourself back from your authentic self, from the truth of who you are. Living your truth in love may be a gateway to healing not just for you, but for those you love, as well.
![]() |
| Moma and my brother and I (1979) |


Comments
Post a Comment