Wednesday Brain Dump. I love Wednesdays.
Wednesday is my favorite day of the week. I have always liked it. (I do not call it Hump Day.) I think I like it because it's right in the middle of the week, all cozy-like.
On Monday I feel overwhelmed by the week ahead, I make TO-DO lists and clean my house like a madwoman, flitting from one task to the next without finishing the first, until I've circled back and eventually finish what I started. I've seen a lot recently about women with ADD, and I have a lot of the markers, but I refuse to social-media-self-diagnose. Let me just say, I do not complete tasks in a linear fashion, but I'm OK with it. It makes for interesting Mondays.
Tuesdays, I take it a little easy on myself and all the TO-DO list pressure. I run errands and usually get groceries and meal-plan for the week. I always AIM to study, but most of the time, if I leave the house for any reason, that is THE ONLY big task I accomplish that day. It's like my brain says, "One task only please; I can only do so much, lady." I usually read for a good bit or draw, but I'm usually reading for pleasure as opposed to attempting to absorb important information. Why can't I study on Tuesdays? I don't know.
On Wednesday, I feel calm. I am able to create easily. I draw, paint, I am writing this on a Wednesday. I feel like Wednesday is my pit stop for the week. I can do anything I want. I can't say why, but I don't feel 'productivity guilt' midweek. I am working on releasing guilt on all fronts; it's a work in progress like most things are.
Thursdays, are OK.
Fridays are the wrap-up. I clean again, but more calmly. I make art, and sometimes read AND study on the same day. I could do this on Tuesdays. Why don't I do this on Tuesdays?
The weekends are always different, depending on whether or not I am out of town for work, or we have our two youngest for a visit. I won't continue to bore you with this.
The whole point was WEDNESDAY. The magic of the midweek day. The calm of the no-pressure day. The letter 'W'! What a great letter!
So far today, I have meditated, practiced yoga, journaled, smoke-cleansed the house, fed the animals, and cleaned the mudroom. I am writing this, and then I will clean out my closet and dresser of every piece of clothing I haven't worn in the last six months. Then I'm going to paint. What I'm currently working on.
And I have my appetite back so I want to cook something really good for dinner. And tonight, I have my weekly class for Master Level Reiki.
Damn, am I boring? It's OK if I am, really. I have exciting things happen, but this post isn't about exciting news and happenings, it's about the everyday things. Simple things, human things. But when exciting things happen, I will write about those, too.
I'm off to clean my closet!
Bye.
Oh,how we turn into our mommies....lol
ReplyDeleteSending love and heart hugs.