Migraine Fog-Monday Brain Dump
It’s been a few days since I posted. Had a few stressful days. I'll be honest, I've been in the midst of a depressive episode since about last Sunday, it's nothing new; I'm used to the cyclical nature of my depression, and I haven't lost hope. It doesn't feel very good, but at least I know what is going on with me, so I'm not fearful or upset about it.
My Moma knows when things are off with me, and she asked a lot the past few days, 'You good, hun?' And I really am OK. Nothing to worry over. This type of episode hits me a few times a year, and generally lasts 2-4 weeks. I'm taking care of myself. I appreciate my Moma and her concern, though. It's nice to be looked after, even as a grown woman :)
I am treating myself kindly, allowing myself to rest when I need to, not policing my emotions (if I start crying for seemingly no reason, I don't chide myself over it; I let it flow). I know that my emotions are not who I am, they are just messengers letting me know what needs my attention. I also know that whilst in a depressive episode, some of the messages are garbled and cloudy, or feel bigger than they truly are, so I handle them accordingly. I am still doing my yoga practice every mornin and meditating. I'm actually meditating a bit more during this time, and it helps me stay grounded,
and not be totally ruled by my errant emotions. I am also getting some sun on my face every day, even just for a little while.
One thing I am also doing, which may or may not be totally great, is I'm napping a lot. Now, this isn't entirely connected to being depressed, but I have been having migraines almost every day, except two, for the past week and a half or so. Migraines really drain me, first of all from just being in pain for several hours, and secondly, the postdrome (the hangover period after the pain stops) can feel very much like a hangover. Very low energy, high emotions, lightheadedness, etc. So, I've been resting a lot.
Due to the way I'm feeling, I am going to be taking a few weeks break from recording my podcast. I just feel like I need to take at least one thing off my plate, and that is the thing I am choosing to release for now. I'll be back to producing the show in 2-3 weeks, though.
So, this is what's going on over here. I hope everyone is having a much better day than I am, hahaha! I will post again soon.
Bye.

Comments
Post a Comment