Light and heavy and light.

 It is my husband’s actual birthday today, so I am planning to surprise him at work in just a little while with his favorite coffee and make his favorite meal for dinner: loco moco. It’s a Hawaiian dish consisting of rice, a meat patty (I use turkey for the guys, I leave the meat out of mine), a fried egg, and brown gravy on top. It is a monster of a meal, pure comfort to my husband, so he’s going to be pretty excited about it.

I had one of the worst migraine attacks I have ever had yesterday (and into the night). Nothing helped. Usually, if I take Excedrin and have some coffee or tea, I can kind of dull the pain enough to function, but that did not work for me yesterday. I had a prescription that worked for a little while, although it made me feel VERY spaced out, but it stopped being effective the last few times I took it. I slept in the afternoon, but not for long, and my head was still throbbing when I woke up. In the late evening I took ExcedrinPM, hoping it would give me some relief, and in a way it did, finally. It took none of the sharp pain away, but it made me drowsy enough to get to sleep.          Thankfully I woke up with no migraine today, but as per usual, I am severely hungover. I have low energy, I’m slightly dizzy, I have zero appetite, I am moody and melancholy, and I really want to stay in bed all day. But I have some things to do. 

So, I meditated and did some breathwork to get my energy moving, journaled and moved my body through some gentle yoga postures, and now I’m sitting here with my blue light glasses on to type this. 

You know, when I started this particular blog (on a whim, mind you) I really just wanted a space to freely write, without too much consideration of subject matter or if it ‘fit’ into a certain type of blog. I have another one, Artgirl on Fire, that is geared more toward informative posts centered around healing modalities and spiritual things, and I like writing there, but sometimes my brain needs to flow ideas without a solid plan in mind. I honestly didn’t think I would be as consistent here in this blog space as I have been, but it encourages me that I have been. With my other blog, I guess the pressure of staying within the parameters that I myself have set (so ridiculous sometimes) hinders me in using that space too much. 

So here I am, brain dumping on the internet. Yelling my ideas into the void in hopes of someone hearing them and maybe deciding to heal, too. One can hope. One of my prayers is “Let me be medicine.” I mean my spirit, my soul, my body, mind, and intentions. All of it. I want everything I do to serve the highest good and be healing to everything and everyone I am connected to. (And that means every single thing in the universe because we are ALL connected, quantumly.) 

I have to be careful to not fly off into outer space, metaphorically speaking, and stay grounded while at the same time, living a life intentionally set towards healing and love on a cosmic scale. I can be a healer and a helper, and commune with Holy Spirit and Jesus in the morning, and still remember to grab some groceries and get the laundry done, because I strive for balance. I think that yes, the world may still need hermits praying on remote mountain tops, but it also needs regular people full of love who do the healing work in everyday spaces. 

I try not to take myself too seriously, while still respecting the gravity and responsibility of a Spirit-led life. The Universe has a sense of humor after all. I mean, have you seen a platypus? Amazing. 

So, I do my practices to stay tuned in. To God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, the frequency of love, and the flow of the Universe. I strive to heal and guide others into their healing as well (to God be the glory in that respect.) I am so grateful for the GIFT of being a healer. And I fully plan to walk this path for the rest of my life. I’m happy to do so.

I will also enjoy being here on Earth. I chose to come here, after all. I plan to joyfully learn my lessons in Earth School, grow, and have fun doing it. Because everything matters, but also nothing matters, in the grand scheme. It’s all so simple, and so big at the same time. I am getting spiral-y, but it’s OK. There are BIG, DEEP truths and there are small simple lessons and pleasures, and they live hand in hand as we walk this mortal coil. 

Lean into the deeper things, get to know your soul and your higher self. Ask Holy Spirit what she wants to teach you, live from a place of deep love for yourself and others. And while you’re in the depths, relish the simple, earth-side things that make us human. Our breath, our bodies, the feel of grass under your feet, the taste of food that you love, community and culture, laughter. Because we’re here in the NOW, on this planet, to experience it, and to be with one another, and our spirits are residing within (or rather our physical bodies are residing without) so it’s a crazy, crazy scene guys.

We are essentially stardust in meatsuits.   

Comments

  1. Wow....rambler like yo momma!! Get it out and let it fly. As our thoughts fly by maybe some of them will get snagged by one who needs to hear them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is what I do.

Heal a little or a lot.