Uhhhhhhhhh…
We’ve made it to the end of a stormy week, both literally and figuratively. It’s cold out today, but flowers are beginning to bloom and the sun is more golden each day, so Spring is slowly waking up.
I slept like crap last night. This is my new normal. Once in a while I take valerian root, or if I’m very desperate, Zzzquil, which I took last night because I needed to be up early today and wanted more than 2-3 hours of sleep. As I often do, I try to get to sleep on my own, but around 12:30 I knew I was going to still be flailing in bed at 3AM and took a shot of the purple fire liquid and was halfway human this morning.
I took my car in for an oil change and it was so fancy, they text you a video feed of them WHILE THEY’RE WORKING ON YOUR CAR. The mechanic showed me my ‘beautiful brakes’ and the ‘engine looking so good!’ It made me feel like a very good car mom. My car is healthy and beautiful!
The stress I spoke of yesterday, there are some possible resolutions coming down the pike. If all goes the way I think it will, there will still be some major (very major, very big) changes coming up but they will be good changes. I don’t mean to sound mysterious or vague, but I don’t want to share details until my husband and I have more information and have made some decisions together.
This stress volcano has shown me some things in regard to my healing.
1. It is not a straight line, more like a wibbly wobbly multi-dimensional roller coaster ride, but that’s OK!
2. I HAVE grown in some areas and going through some high-stress situations shows me how I am doing better at handling things.
I am getting better at releasing my attachment to outcomes, and when I release that stranglehold, it feels like God sees me trying my best and the burden eases a bit, sometimes it eases a lot! I'm telling you, releasing attachment is a BIG TRUTH. And if you can really grab hold of it (hee-hee) things tend to flow much easier.
3. I am still on this path and have a lot more to learn. And that makes me happy! I want to always be learning and growing!
Example: This week has had me in a very overly emotional headspace. There is nothing wrong with feeling emotions. But this week showed me that I am growing in the area of emotional regulation. Am I perfect at it? Hell no. But I am making progress. This week, I have had (and honestly, I still am having) some BIG FEELINGS. I have cried more than once (more than five times), and I have had a few moments of plain old-fashioned self-pity. I’ll admit that. BUT I have sat with my emotions and been open to the messages they’re bringing me. I have regulated my breath and moved my body to self-soothe, and calm my nervous system. I only came close to a panic attack ONCE. A year ago, this same type of week would have had me reaching for the Xanax. (There’s nothing wrong with using medication if you need it. But I am saying I only use it when I need to, and this week, I didn’t get to that point.)
Also, in the middle of this week, I had lunch with my friend (I wrote about it) and I learned some new things about the healing work I do, and the extent to which I do it, and it was a revelation that made me very glad. I allowed myself moments of joy this week, even in the midst of a lot of anxiety. I didn't let myself wallow in the low space too long. I would have my moments, then move on.
I am not a perfect person. I am the first to admit that. But I am also willing to be open about my growth without being weird about it. We should all talk about our wins as well as our losses. Both are equally important.
So, I hope you have some great wins this week. And if you are in the shadows at the moment, it's OK to FEEL it. And it won't last forever.
Bye.
Comments
Post a Comment