Wednesday morning brain dump.
I was up early, for a bit, but a migraine hangover sent me back to bed for a few hours. If you didn't know, migraine has about 45 different triggers. My main trigger is barometric pressure shifts. It only has to shift by .12 to make explosions burst in my skull. So I had a rough one last night, and today I am in the postdrome hangover; it's the pits. Anyway, I meditated, showered, and dressed. I am meeting my new friend today in just a little bit and I want to at least resemble a functioning human, haha.
I'm planning to work on some paintings today, and wire the back of my big piece for my gallery show coming up next month. I am beyond excited about this show. It will be Huntsville, Alabama so most of my friends can come. All the work is finished, except attaching the hanging wire to the painting like I mentioned, but I have a tough time sticking to one piece from start to finish, without hopping onto another piece. I generally am working on three to four paintings at any given time. I already have an idea for my next series and am itching to work on them. The only time I stick to one thing long enough to finish before I start another piece is my collage and mixed media pieces. Totally different creation process.
Well, I need to get out the door to meet my friend. I'll add to this post later this afternoon.
My new friend and I had such a good time this afternoon! We had lunch and ended up talking for over two hours! Her name is Kim, she is an animal communicator and medium. We got to talking about healing and then we just couldn't shut up, it was awesome. As we got to talking, it came to light that our healing sessions are very similar. Her work as a medium consists of Reiki healing (and she isn't a Reiki practitioner, per se. And my distance Reiki sessions have a lot of mediumship elements. I told her I feel like when I drop into the space for distance Reiki, that although Reiki energy is happening, just like an in-person session, a WHOLE LOT MORE happens as well. She looked at me as goes, 'That's more than just Reiki. You're a medium." It was like oh, man, I guess I actually am. I am seeing people's childhoods, relatives and guides are showing up for clients during sessions, animal spirit medicine is also part of it. Reiki nudged the door open and now my spirit is remembering all the gifts and how to use them. My friend Emily and I were talking about it, because after the animal communication class this past weekend, I explained to her how to do it, and it entails the same quantum field work as distance Reiki. All healing work occurs in the same 'place', by 'place' I mean, inter-dimensionally. The common thread running through all healing is love. Pure, Source, Holy Spirit love. As healers, we facilitate and guide a person into their healing, God's love moving through us as the channel, the witness. Kim and I both kept getting chills, and there were a lot of "Oh my gosh, you do that, too!!?" What a fun day of connection and Spirit showing up. I'm grateful for friends who can talk about this stuff with me, it's so encouraging. Kim and I both left lunch, feeling encouraged today, it was fantastic.In other news, my Moma started her own blog yesterday! I am so proud and so happy that her wisdom is getting out into the world. What a treasure she is. You can find her blog at Southerwomanwisdom.blogspot.com
Now that I am back home, I'm going to settle in and read for a bit, after I first sniff the library books hahah.
Bye
Comments
Post a Comment