Errands, the library, and I love my hair right now.

 I had a rough night, my husband snores sometimes, and last night was one of those nights. I slept on the couch for a few hours, not well, but I slept. Before he left for work this morning, my husband tucked me into our bed and I was out cold immediately and slept until 11:30. What is it about getting tucked in that brings instant comfort? I think it tells our inner child that things are OK. To me, it feels safe. I wonder sometimes, does anyone ever just wake up in the morning and think, ”I feel so refreshed! I can’t believe I slept so well!” I really don’t think so. There is too much blue light and Wi-Fi and EMFs and civilization NOISE for any of us to sleep well. HOW DO WE SLEEP AT ALL IN THIS MESS?! I would love to have a cozy treehouse to sleep in, but of course, I would need an air conditioner and a lamp to read my book, so really never mind, I’m in the Wi-Fi soup and not escaping any time soon!

I had to run to the pharmacy for, you guessed it, pads for my very, extremely, incredibly early period that showed up yesterday. While I was there I picked up a candy bar for my son. Yes, he’s 18, but he LOVES cookies and crème Hershey bars, so if I’m out and about I’ll usually get him one. I think it’s one of those things that I’m going to miss when he goes off to basic training in a few months. 

While I was out and about I decided I wanted to go to the library. There was a break in the batch of storms coming through today so I wanted to be out of the house a bit longer, and If you don’t already know, I LOVE THE LIBRARY.

Things are a little stressful as of late, so I was really drawn to the quiet and the smell of the books. I wish I could find a (natural) fragrance that smelled exactly like library books! I am always open to any kind of book, but I guess in reference to the above-mentioned stress, I gravitated to familiar authors. In the same way that it can be comforting to rewatch a favorite old movie, reading a book from an author I’ve read before feels cozy. I’m not one to reread a book too often, but if I have read something by an author and enjoyed it, I tend to read more (all) of their work. Today, I got another Sue Grafton (N is for Noose), a Shari Lapena mystery, Alice Hoffman’s A Marriage of Opposites (I have always loved anything Hoffman writes), and I picked up Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned, which is weird because I haven’t ever read anything by Anne Rice, but for some reason hearing about all of her books as I grew up makes her feel familiar? In a strange way? I don’t know. I’ve meant to read some of her work but just haven’t gotten around to it until now. So I may start with Queen of the Damned. I will report back!

In other news of the day that you have no interest in whatsoever, my hair is especially curly today and it makes me kind of happy.

Bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is what I do.

March Work Trip

Heal a little or a lot.