Tuesday Brain Dump!

First! 

From Monday: It’s Spring, and although it’s been cold the past few nights, the days are mostly sunny and warm, and my little heart can’t get enough. I want to be outside all day and eat picnics and walk my dog (if I could leash train my cats, I totally would. What a dream to have all three black kitties on a leash and walk around the neighborhood with them!) Anyway, my husband is out of town for work for the week so I have plans for productive days and quiet evenings with lots of books, and yes I will finally finish Queen of the Damned this week! I am enjoying it, so I didn’t rush to finish it last week (and our library here abolished due dates, so I can really take my time reading it!) 

Is it my favorite book ever? No. But it is enjoyable, and well written, and I think I may read some more Anne Rice novels in the future, whenever I am in a Vampire mood. She also wrote a book about Jesus, that I’ve heard is very good, so I may try that one.


I’m excited because next week’s podcast guest is going to be…my husband, Steven! Our story is relatable to my podcast’s theme because we are both creatives. But also, we believe completely differently when it comes to spirituality. So I want to talk about how we make our marriage work, being polar opposites. I think it will be a good episode, and I plan to have him on the show from time to time. I also want to have my Moma back on, as well as my spirit sister, Emily. There are a lot of folks I want to have on, and I’m looking forward to those future episodes!


My Reiki Master level training is going well. This particular teacher incorporates Earth healing modalities into her curriculum so it has been interesting! It’s not new information to me, but blended with Reiki, well, I really like it. It’s very balanced.


Speaking of Reiki, (It’s now Tuesday as I type this) I had a brand new client today. They contacted me by email, and I never asked how they found me. But anyhow, we had a lovely session, and they felt noticeably better afterward. When it comes to brand new clients, who I have never met in person, I still get a little twinge of anxiety. How will they feel? What are their feelings about energy work? Are they going to be happy with their session? Will I see what I need to see to help them heal?  

I guess this type of thought process is kind of a residue of my old way of thinking, the people pleaser, anxious all the time type of thinking. I can tell you, 100 % of my sessions have gone well. Very well. And I am not bragging here, it’s simply how energetic healing works. Holy Spirit shows me what I need to see, and tells me what I need to communicate with the client in order to serve their highest good. I have never had anyone be unhappy with the work, so there isn’t any reason to feel nervous, but it just shows me patterns that I need to personally work on. (See? Helping guide other people into their healing also drives you deeper into your own. Amazing!) 

So, they were happy and want to have more sessions with me. I am really very honored to be a part of someone’s healing journey. It means the world. 

I am drawing today as well working on my current painting.

A detail from the drawing I'm currently working on.

I am getting better at working patiently on my larger pieces, and going bit by bit, with breaks in between sessions to make sure I don’t overwork it. (I can’t stand overworking a piece!) I kind of want to get out of the house today, but I’m not sure what to do or where to go. I might just walk Margot and get some sunshine. 


I hope you’re having, and continue to have a very lovely day.

Bye.

Comments

  1. Can't wait to hear Steven's take on Spiritual it. He's a hoot. KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING .I FEEL MY HEALING GROWING DEEPER WITH EACH NEW DAY.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment